David Charlton – Performance Enhancement Specialist
David offers a mobile consultancy service, where he travels (UK, Europe and Internationally) to meet individuals, teams and organisations at a venue of their choice to help them achieve their goals.
He has a special interest in Mental Toughness and Leadership development and has a proven ability to combine vision and creativity to develop, implement and evaluate talent management and psychological support programmes for individuals and groups.
Sport Psychology Expertise
David utilizes strength and solution based approaches, cognitive restructuring, imagery and hypnosis to help clients develop mental toughness.
He works to help people manage their emotions finding complimentary ways to bring about optimal intensity and relaxation levels for individuals
David practises what he preaches and has personally completed meditation and mindfulness exercises for a number of years and has seen the benefits it has made to his own life in many ways, including enhanced focus and concentration.
David’s early career was in the travel industry, where he worked in a variety of customer service roles and supervisory positions. As a Branch Manager, David was at the forefront of staff development programmes, developing a strong customer focused culture and introducing many new working practises.
Since his career in the travel industry ended, David has worked for 7 years offering a consultancy service, where he assists business leaders, management teams, athletes and sporting teams to achieve their goals through the following main areas:
1) Mental toughness is a plastic personality trait which determines or limits people to deal effectively with challenge, stressors and pressure. At an individual and group level, it is hugely important and can be a factor in an organisation or team’s success. As a licensed user for the psychometric tool, MTQ48, David can provide quantifiable measurability for individuals and groups at the start, middle and end of coaching programmes. He couples this approach, where people can clearly see a rate of investment (ROI) with innovative coaching sessions, to break down individual barriers and ensure positive momentum. Improving performance, well-being and dealing proactively with transitions are the areas David specialises in.
2) David combines his knowledge of developing mental toughness by utilising i3 profiling and other assessment tools to help business leaders, managers, athletes and coaches to develop outstanding leadership skills, so that they provide motivation to others to enthusiastically follow and give maximum effort consistently.
He is proud of the effectiveness of his work where he has helped many people achieve their goals. From professional footballers, rugby players, tri-athletes, gymnasts, tennis players, cricketers and boxers…. He has also worked with a number of elite golfers including Tour professionals, regional professionals and talented amateur golfers who are looked to gain an edge on their performance.
Trust is imperative to David, therefore his work remains strictly confidential and chooses not to publicise what we does without the approval of his clients.
David holds the following qualifications:
- Qualification in Sport and Exercise Psychology (Stage 2)
- MSc Sport and Exercise Psychology
- BSc Psychology
- Certified Mindfactor and Performance Coach
- NLP and Hypnotherapy Practioner.
David is a fully approved Chartered Sport and Exercise Psychologist.
He has been trained by Dr Karl Morris and Mark Bennett MBE, leading figures in the world of performance coaching.
David is a member of the Institute of Directors, British Psychological Society and British Association for Sport and Exercise Scientists. He is also actively involved with the Professional Speaking Association North East Region and Tynedale Sport committees.
Due to work and family commitments David now enjoys playing recreational golf occasionally and currently plays at Tyneside Golf Club.
He loves watching almost all sports particularly, golf, football, cricket, tennis, darts… the list goes on…
When he is relaxing he enjoys keeping active by maintaining his own physical fitness levels by training in the gym and running.
David is a keen supporter of the following fantastic charities that are close to his heart: Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, Tynedale Hospice at Home, Cancer Research UK and Way Foundation
To find out about how David works click here
Pick my brains
Or contact me now to discuss your needs:
Performance Enhancement Specialist
T: +44 7734 697769
The website is owned by David Charlton, Performance Enhancement Specialist based near to Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom. The trading name for this organisation is Inspiring Sporting Excellence Ltd. Company Registration Number: 09167843. Registered Address: 14 School Row, Dukes Meadow, Prudhoe, Northumberland, NE42 5FE.