Peak Performance: Considerations For A Good Night’s Sleep #BITESIZE
Nick is recognised as the world’s first and leading Elite Sport Sleep Coach, probably the world’s first Sleep Coach and regarded as a leading human recovery innovator. He has over 35 years’ experience within the sleep and sleeping product industry and over 24 years dedicated to elite sport. His unique, passionate, and proven approach, is endorsed by leading sport science professionals, managers, coaches, organisations in sport and now business, health, and education worldwide.
- International Elite Sport Sleep Coach Since 1998
- Founder of the Game Changing R90-T Sleep RecoveryTechnique
- Author #1 Best Seller SLEEP published in 14 languages worldwide
- Accomplished Media Commentator Presenter Keynote Speaker
Rest and recovery is hugely important for us all, especially highly motivated and driven people. In this bitesized episode, I chat with Nick Littlehales, a Sleep Coach to many elite sports performers. Nick and I discuss sleep trackers and the upside to using them. He also talks about orthosomnia, which describes individuals who become overly concerned or obsessed with tracking their sleep, resulting in heightened anxiety towards their sleeping patterns.
Key Learning Points:
- Orthosomnia refers to a situation where people rely heavily on sleep tracking technology and aim to achieve perfect sleep.
- This can lead to stress and anxiety, similar to the athlete who tracks too complex or unhelpful data when they perform.
- Maintaining a balanced approach to sleep tracking is essential.
Connect with Nick Littlehales
Connect with David Charlton
To Listen to Football or Soccer Podcast Episodes
Other Helpful Resources
IF YOU ENJOYED TODAY'S SHOW PLEASE SHARE
SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN ON YOUR FAVOURITE AUDIO PLATFORM
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of them!
Global Sports Psychologist who is located near Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK and willing to travel Internationally. David also uses online video conferencing software (Zoom, Facetime, WhatsApp) on a regular basis and has clients who he has supported in USA, Canada, South America, UAE, Australian and New Zealand.
Managing Director – Inspiring Sporting Excellence and Founder of The Sports Psychology Hub. With over 10 years experience supporting athletes, coaches, parents and teams to achieve their goals, quickly.
T: +44 7734 697769