How Lessons from the Great Game of Golf can Help You Win the, Equally Great, Game of Business
Kevin Stansfield has been coaching business owners for the last 17 years, is a keen golfer and written 3 books focused on helping you win your game of business. In his latest book, The Great Game, he looks at the similarities of playing the great game of golf to the equally great game of business, and in this podcast he shares some of those secrets with me.
In today’s episode I chat with author and Business Growth Expert Kevin Stansfield where we discuss what the golfer or sports enthusiast can learn from business and what the business owner can learn from golf or sport in general. We discuss Mental Toughness and Resilience in a sporting and business context. Business planning, strategy and goal setting are considered as well as the commitment levels to succeed where Kevin goes on to share some fascinating insights.
Key Learning Points:
- Learning to say no and making sacrifices is essential to be successful.
- Having a resilience and bloody-mindedness to carry on when there are difficulties is essential.
- How clear are your goals?
- To win in sport or business you need to understand the “be”, “do” and “have.”
- Those that concentrate on doing are also known as busy fools.
- Playing to your strengths is a fundamental key.
- Being able to delegate and trust other people is a skill that we can all develop to help us.
Connect with Kevin Stansfield:
Connect with David Charlton
Useful Podcast Episodes
Other Useful Resources
IF YOU ENJOYED TODAY'S SHOW PLEASE SHARE
SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN ON YOUR FAVOURITE AUDIO PLATFORM
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of them!
Global Sports Psychologist who is located near Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK and willing to travel Internationally. David also uses online video conferencing software (Zoom, Facetime, WhatsApp) on a regular basis and has clients who he has supported in USA, Canada, South America, UAE, Australian and New Zealand.
Managing Director – Inspiring Sporting Excellence and Founder of The Sports Psychology Hub. With over 10 years experience supporting athletes, coaches, parents and teams to achieve their goals, quickly.
T: +44 7734 697769