What Have You Learned From Last Year?
By working with David Charlton, you and your organisation will be better equipped to rise to modern day challenges and better informed to thrive on and off the pitch, course or court. Where he inspires individuals and teams to:
- Cope with pressure and challenges more effectively
- Maintain positive mental health
- Compete with confidence more often
- Manage your emotions better
- Improve your commitments levels
David is a Mental Toughness Practitioner, as well as a Health Care and Professions Council (HCPC) Registered Sport and Exercise Psychologist. He has successfully supported athletes, teams and organisations for over 10 years in order to ensure that they perform at their maximum more often.
He has a comprehensive knowledge around the development of Mental Toughness, a plastic personality trait, which determines or limits people to deal effectively with change, challenges and stressors. In today’s climate, during the Coronavirus pandemic this quality is becoming more and more valuable to individuals, teams and organisations.
This episode of Demystifying Mental Toughness is going to help you learn from the past year so that you can make 2022 a better year. Included are different exercises and important questions that you can consider and reflect on.
Improving your own or support your clients or athletes to improve their learning orientation, a part of Mental Toughness, where you look to seek the learning out of situations is the thinking behind the design of the episode.
- Why do you do what you do?
- Look to give yourself a better understanding of how you want to live your life and perform in your sport by thinking about your funeral and passing in more depth. *Please do consider the suitability of this exercise if you are grieving the loss of a loved one.
- Personal core values can exist at home, at work, in your sport or any area of your life. They should determine your priorities. Look to understand your own core values and any conflicts that are influencing your actions.
Connect with David Charlton
Relevant Podcast Episodes
Relevant Blogs and Resources
Blog: Make Better Decisions to Help Your Sport Performance including VALUES LIST
Click the button below to join The Sports Psychology Hub a Facebook group that David hosts to help ambitious athletes, serious sport coaches, sporting parents, sports psychologists and mental game coaches to support each other.
IF YOU ENJOYED TODAY'S SHOW PLEASE SHARE
SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN ON YOUR FAVOURITE AUDIO PLATFORM
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of them!
Global Sports Psychologist located near Durham and willing to travel Internationally. Managing Director – Inspiring Sporting Excellence. With over 10 years experience supporting athletes, coaches, parents and teams to achieve their goals, quickly.
T: +44 7734 697769
Search Our Sports Psychology Website
Join Our Online Community Now!
"The Mental Edge"
Are you an athlete, coach or parent that would like to learn how to create sustainable high performance?
Receive my free fortnightly email, where I share proven Sports Psychology and High Performance tips and strategies.
If you want some support and motivation straight to your inbox, then fill in your details below.