How to Transfer Your Cricket Skills to Matches
Jarrod Leathem is based in the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. He enjoys supporting batsmen, in cricket, as a performance coach and is the founder of the popular High Performance For Batsmen Facebook Group.
Whether you’re a batsman or bowler, a wicket keeper or a fielder the psychological challenges in cricket are vast. The game is unique where despite being a team sport, it can also be a very lonely place when you experience repeated failures as a batsman or get embarrassed as a bowler being smashed out of the park on a regular basis.
Today, Jarrod Leathem who enjoys supporting batsmen, in cricket, as a performance coach and is the founder of the popular High Performance for Batsmen Group and I discuss the intricacies of cricket and offer you some tips so that you can excel in matches.
Key Learning Points:
- It’s important to get really clear about what you’re trying to achieve in your training.
- Focusing on the process is key looking at: what you do when you’re at the game in warmups. What you do when you’re walking out to the middle. What you do when you’re out batting, bowling or fielding. What you do between balls.
- Have things in place that bring you back to the present.
- To have two ducks in a row and have to walk out and try to have positive body language is tough, but is important.
- Many batsman’s self-worth has been attached to their scores for years. Shifting identity is essential.
Connect with Jarrod Leathem
Email: [email protected]
Connect with David Charlton
For More Resources for Cricketers
Click the button below to join The Sports Psychology Hub a Facebook group that David hosts to help ambitious athletes, serious sport coaches, sporting parents, sports psychologists and mental game coaches to support each other.
IF YOU ENJOYED TODAY'S SHOW PLEASE SHARE
SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN ON YOUR FAVOURITE AUDIO PLATFORM
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of them!
Global Sports Psychologist located near Durham and willing to travel Internationally. Managing Director – Inspiring Sporting Excellence. With over 10 years experience supporting athletes, coaches, parents and teams to achieve their goals, quickly.
T: +44 7734 697769
Search Our Sports Psychology Website
Join Our Online Community Now!
"The Mental Edge"
Are you an athlete, coach or parent that would like to learn how to create sustainable high performance?
Receive my free fortnightly email, where I share proven Sports Psychology and High Performance tips and strategies.
If you want some support and motivation straight to your inbox, then fill in your details below.