Sports Psychology Tips: Mental Toughness Compilation 005
We are now 70 episodes into the Demystifying Mental Toughness podcast. Today our first class guests provide many short snippets of advice with some of the best bits from the previous 9 episodes. Listening to the insights and tips I’m sure will help you learn more about the importance of Mental Toughness, self-awareness and being honest with yourself.
Key Learning Points:
- Paul Lyons chat about what mental toughness is and why is it so important.
- Edu Rubio elaborates on optimising your potential by being your biggest fan.
- Dr Amy Izycky discusses vulnerability and macho behaviour in sport.
- David Charlton challenges coaches and sporting adminstrators in women’s professional sport to question their approach.
- John Vallely discuss his commitment and levels of mastery with young golfers.
- Marilyn Okoro talks about perfectionism and finding peace with factors that you can’t control.
- Andrew Nicholson discusses embracing your fears in order to achieve your goals in professional golf.
Connect with David Charlton
Our Podcast Sponsor
Relevant Podcast Episodes
IF YOU ENJOYED TODAY'S SHOW PLEASE SHARE
SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN ON YOUR FAVOURITE AUDIO PLATFORM
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of them!
Global Sports Psychologist who is located near Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK and willing to travel Internationally. David also uses online video conferencing software (Zoom, Facetime, WhatsApp) on a regular basis and has clients who he has supported in USA, Canada, South America, UAE, Australian and New Zealand.
Managing Director – Inspiring Sporting Excellence and Founder of The Sports Psychology Hub. With over 10 years experience supporting athletes, coaches, parents and teams to achieve their goals, quickly.
T: +44 7734 697769