Observations: How Bad Do You Want It?
By working with David Charlton, you and your organisation will be better equipped to rise to modern day challenges and better informed to thrive on and off the pitch, course or court. Where he inspires individuals and teams to:
- Cope with pressure and challenges more effectively
- Maintain positive mental health
- Compete with confidence more often
- Manage your emotions better
- Improve your commitments levels
David is a Mental Toughness Practitioner, as well as a Health Care and Professions Council (HCPC) Registered Sport and Exercise Psychologist. He has successfully supported athletes, teams and organisations for over 10 years in order to ensure that they perform at their maximum more often.
He has a comprehensive knowledge around the development of Mental Toughness, a plastic personality trait, which determines or limits people to deal effectively with change, challenges and stressors. In today’s climate, during the Coronavirus pandemic this quality is becoming more and more valuable to individuals, teams and organisations.
In this solo episode, I again look at commitment, a measure of mental toughness, from different angles with the aim of helping you stay on top of your goals. Finding ways not to be derailed so easily when the inevitable setbacks and obstacles find you. I also touch on the importance of emotional control and managing your emotions on your journey. Where I go on to share excerpts from 2 previous episodes of Demystifying Mental Toughness with European Tour Golfer Chris Paisley and the inspirational former 2 x World Champion in Para Triathlon Steve Judge, as well as discussing a quote from Hank Haney’s book “This Big Miss” where he discussed his coaching years with Tiger Woods.
Some Questions to Ponder
- Do you work harder than your rivals?
- Do you set yourself daily focus goals to keep you on track?
- Do you have a plan when setbacks occur?
- Do you have outlets to release your emotions?
- Is your support team around you helping your express your emotions?
- Are you unable to maintain a bigger picture perspective when setbacks occur?
- Does thinking about what may go wrong scare you?
- Do you use visualisation as a way to mentally prepare yourself for challenges?
Connect with David Charlton
Relevant Podcast Episodes
Relevant Blogs and Resources
IF YOU ENJOYED TODAY'S SHOW PLEASE SHARE
SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN ON YOUR FAVOURITE AUDIO PLATFORM
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of them!
Global Sports Psychologist who is located near Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK and willing to travel Internationally. David also uses online video conferencing software (Zoom, Facetime, WhatsApp) on a regular basis and has clients who he has supported in USA, Canada, South America, UAE, Australian and New Zealand.
Managing Director – Inspiring Sporting Excellence and Founder of The Sports Psychology Hub. With over 10 years experience supporting athletes, coaches, parents and teams to achieve their goals, quickly.
T: +44 7734 697769