How To Improve Your Intensity When Training And Competing
David Charlton helps ambitious athletes to reach their aims, faster. He supports a range of highly motivated athletes and coaches. From ambitious youngsters and amateur athletes, as well as elite professional athletes, playing in the Premier League, European Golf Tour, Rugby Premiership and in The British Superbikes.
Additionally, David supports business professionals, executives and entrepreneurs who are looking to improve their performance and/or mental health.
David is a fully approved Chartered Sport and Exercise Psychologist with the BPS, BASES and is a HCPC Practitioner Psychologist.
In this solo episode, I share my thoughts on some difficulties that athletes are having during the coronavirus pandemic, especially now in the UK with the most recent lockdown. How this has gone to make them feel and the impact it is had on their intensity levels in training and for those who are lucky enough to practice or still compete.
- A lot of negative emotions are evident with athletes and coaches right now during the lockdown.
- The more mentally tough amongst them are better able to focus on what they can control.
- Do distractions mean that you don’t train at a high level of intensity?
- Do you use training to really challenge yourself?
- Top athletes push themselves so much in training that when they compete it’s easier.
- Build a motivational play list.
- Does your warm up help you feel energised?
- Check your self-talk and use motivation buzz words to gee yourself up.
- Could you get angry or use rivalry’s to help yourself
- Use visualisation to improve the intensity of your performances
CONNECT WITH DAVID CHARLTON
To book a call with David to chat about organizing a personal mp3 for you or to discuss all things Mental Toughness
USEFUL PODCAST EPISODES
OTHER USEFUL RESOURCES
A well-being Menu to help your mental health
IF YOU ENJOYED TODAY'S SHOW PLEASE SHARE
SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN ON YOUR FAVOURITE AUDIO PLATFORM
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of them!
Global Sports Psychologist who is located near Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK and willing to travel Internationally. David also uses online video conferencing software (Zoom, Facetime, WhatsApp) on a regular basis and has clients who he has supported in USA, Canada, South America, UAE, Australian and New Zealand.
Managing Director – Inspiring Sporting Excellence and Founder of The Sports Psychology Hub. With over 10 years experience supporting athletes, coaches, parents and teams to achieve their goals, quickly.
T: +44 7734 697769