How to Find a Flow State to Improve Your Performance
Sun Bio (Founder and CEO)
Sun Sachs is the founder and CEO of Rewire Fitness, the first mental fitness platform that helps athletes reach their full potential and avoid burnout by providing tools that improve mindset, readiness and resilience. He is also a 20 year veteran in software development and a life-long endurance athlete for the past 35+ years in competitive cycling, triathlon and adventure races.
Ed Gibbins (Co-Founder and CPO)
Ed Gibbins is the Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer of Rewire Fitness, a mental fitness platform for athletes which has been backed by Under Armour, Techstars and numerous professional athletes. Ed is also a Sports Science Alumnus of Loughborough University and has been a lifelong athlete.
Today in episode #162 of the Demystifying Mental Toughness Podcast I chat with Sun Sachs and Ed Gibbins, owners of Rewire Fitness about flow states. When you have a sense of control, are at peace, have a quiet mind and an inner calmness about you. We discuss the characteristics and importance of flow states, as well as touching on how you can find “flow.”
Key Learning Points:
- Understanding self-care can help perfectionist athletes.
- The perfectionist can be relentless in their pursuit of excellence impacting negatively on their relationships and other areas of their life.
- Taking yourself and situations too seriously can be a trap perfectionists fall into.
- A flow state is where your mind is calm, your awareness is increased and you make quick smart decisions.
- When you are in flow you aren’t thinking about the past or future, it is the here and now.
- A quality of flow is a loss of self-consciousness and a task only focus.
- Visualisation, Mindfulness and Sports Hypnosis are great ways to get into the Flow.
- What is your “flow trigger?” If you haven’t got one, create one!
Connect with Sun Sachs and Ed Gibbins @ Rewire Fitness
Connect with David Charlton
To Listen to Flow State Related Podcast Episodes
Blogs to read to induce a Flow State
3 Great conversations to have with your kids that relate with flow states
IF YOU ENJOYED TODAY'S SHOW PLEASE SHARE
SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN ON YOUR FAVOURITE AUDIO PLATFORM
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of them!
Global Sports Psychologist who is located near Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK and willing to travel Internationally. David also uses online video conferencing software (Zoom, Facetime, WhatsApp) on a regular basis and has clients who he has supported in USA, Canada, South America, UAE, Australian and New Zealand.
Managing Director – Inspiring Sporting Excellence and Founder of The Sports Psychology Hub. With over 10 years experience supporting athletes, coaches, parents and teams to achieve their goals, quickly.
T: +44 7734 697769